1) Keep gate closed and latched. Try and never allow it to swing open or slam shut in the wind.
2) Be sure to apply wood finish yearly or as required to keep gate looking good and protected from sunlight and weather:
- If your gate has the included finish, Use BEHR Redwood Naturaltone Premiuml Wood Finish, available at Home Depot.
- If your gate has a stain or other finish, use that same color or finish.
3) Check and snug any loose nuts yearly. Use low torque because the Redwood material is relatively soft. Do not over tighten the nuts.
4) The gate will last much longer if protected from direct sunlight. Check out one of our arbors designed especially for the gates.
5) Be sure sprinklers do not spray water on the gate.